Simple process explicate here to check the Mumbai Property Tax payment dues online and the simple steps to pay the property tax through portal…
The property tax is a major source of income for every municipality to spend on infrastructure and development works. The Government of India has allowed the collection of applicable tax on every property residing in the region to that state government, so that the amount can be spent on roads, public places, parks and similar constructions.
Thus every property in Mumbai either be commercial or residential need to get their Mumbai Property Tax dues cleared before the due date to avoid any consequences.
Mumbai Property Tax is applicable to the property owner residing in the region of Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai. Being a developing center zone, Mumbai does levy minimum charges based on the property dimension.
To know your MCGM property Tax number or exact details about the Property Tax, citizens can use the below process, for this you may know your property account number and other details for easy reference.
How to Check Mumbai Property Tax online
- Open Municipal corporation of Greater Mumbai official portal using the link portal.mcgm.gov.in
- Select English if required or continue if convenient
- Click on Property Tax (New) from the Quick Links
- Click on Skip button to move to Citizen Portal Services
- Under CVS login Enter Property Account Number > Captcha > Login
- Use this option, if known property tax number exactly
- Click Search under CVS login is required to search property tax number
- Select Ward from the dropdown
- Enter Billing Name or Billing Address or Assessee Name or Property Address
- Click Search to fetch the details > Click on Respective Radio button or Note down the property Account Number from the list of matching MCGM Property Tax details which will be on your screen
- Follow step 5 > Verify details of the property details
- Click on View Bill Radio Button to open PDF document in a separate page (Download or Print if required)
- Click Detail under View Detail to check the tax details on the screen
The citizens who are owners of property belonging to Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai can use the below-given process to make their Payment of MCGM Property Tax Dues cleared instantly online.
Pay Mumbai Property Tax Online
- Visit portal.mcgm.gov.in
- Click Property Tax (New) under Quick Links > Skip
- Enter your Property Account Number under CVS login > Captcha Code
- Click on Login to pay the Property Tax Dues > Verify the details
- Enter the Amount you want to pay (Full Due or Partial Payment)
- Click Online Payment > Agree
- Select Payment Gateway from dropdown > Pay Now
- Click on Internet Banking > Select Bank > Make Payment using your credentials
- Once payment is confirmed, the MCGM Property Tax will give you a receipt number for the confirmation of dues cleared, and this may keep safe as you have made the dues cleared for property tax for the financial year.
Do I need to enter my full name in Property Search for Mumbai Property Tax?
The citizens who want to know their property account number, need to enter the name as per the property documents, and the same name needs to be used for the search to display results matching your name and address.
Where does Mumbai Property Tax Amount Goes?
The MCGM Property Tax amount is all for the service of citizens, which can be seen during the construction of Roads, Government Schools, Parks, Street Light, and other such commodities. Thus the amount paid by every citizen every year is collected by the municipal corporation to invest in different developing works.
Can I get the Receipt of MCGM Property Tax Payment?
Yes, citizens who have made their online payment tax from the official website of MCGM, can use the receipt option from the Pay Property Tax link, to get the receipt of your Mumbai Property Tax.