Now you can pay Telangana state property tax bill in online using online banking, UPI payment and other sources…
Telangana Government has given some relief to property taxpayers by announcing the Early Bird Incentive, and this offer is given a 5 percent rebate on payment for taxpayers for the financial year 2020-21, where the offer was first announced for residential owners and has now been extended to ULBs.
As a property owner, it is a keen responsibility to pay the property tax that is applied on a property, and this amount goes to the Telangana state government, which does utilize this money for development projects.
The public service and infrastructure projects under the state will be having a major share from individual taxpayers, and the tax paying will be different based on location which differs as per the development and current property rate.
How to Pay Telangana Property Tax
The tax receipt for every property will be provided by local authorities during the month of February to march, which the owner should pay by using any of the below-given, Where the online mode is very easy to pay Telangana state property tax total outstanding before the due date, check the live process
Telangana Property Tax Payment Online
1. Open epaycdma.telangana.gov.in:8080/ePayPortal/cdma/getYourDues.do
2. Enter Assessment No
- It is 10 Digit Property Tax Identification Number (PTIN)
3. Click Get Dues
4. Find the Details of Tax Dues
- Demand raised year wise with the total amount and cumulative (if having pending dues)
5. Enter Mobile Number
6. Enter Aadhaar Number
7. Choose Payment Gateway
- HDFC Bank / Bill Desk / T Wallet
8. Complete the Payment using your credentials
Property Tax Payment Offline (Other Sources)
If you don’t prefer to pay the Telangana Property Tax online, there are many Seva Kendra centers for the benefit of citizens. Visit any of the below centers to make the payment of property tax in offline.
- MeeSeva center’s
- Citizen Service Center
- Bill Collector Office
- State Bank Branch
How to Calculate Telangana Property Tax
As the Telangana state includes many urban and rural bodies, the property tax differs majorly in these areas. The property tax for residential and commercial can be calculated using the online calculator or by using the offline formula. Here we have a process to calculate property tax for residential and commercial use using their different formulas.
- Property tax for Residential Property = Plinth Area *(monthly rent per square feet * 12) *(slab rate) -10% depreciation +8% library cess.
- Property Tax for Commercial Property = 3.5 * Plinth Area * month rental value in square feet
- The monthly rent value is determined by the Telangana state government based on property location and under which zone they fall.
- What happens if we don’t pay Telangana Property Tax?
If any property owner is liable for property tax proposed by Telangana state government, then they need to make payment as early as possible.
The first date of payment will be before 31st March of every year and as the days increase the extra interest will be applied on the amount accumulated. Else your property will be listed in the defaulter list by the local municipality official.
- Can I Make a Partial Property Tax Payment?
Yes, the government of Telangana has given a flexible payment option for property owners to pay their dues, and they can visit the nearest center of property tax for payment of the part amount, to avoid any interest on tax, it is advised to make the full payment in installment before the due date.
- Why is it necessary to pay Property Tax in Telangana?
The property Tax is under the regulation of state and central, for the upliftment of roads, schools, footpaths, parks and more. Thus every property owner must make their property tax payment which is mandatory, and they indirectly pay for using government property which is termed for public use.