Check how to generate UAN number and how to activate EPF UAN after registration, what to do if activation error occurs during unified member portal login process and Is there any helpdesk for activation of UAN, and find the services will get with EPF UAN login…
EPF account is seldom used by the employees, but there are certain services that can help in smothering various services, Most people uses of EPF only when they are switching the companies to transfer the PF account or to withdraw the amount.
EPF UAN Number
However a UAN account can help in various services at the comfort of their home, One can update their personal details such as PAN number, Aadhaar number, address, etc, and using the KYC option on the UAN, With EPFO going online, it has become very easy for the employees, to use the various facilities such as checking the claim status, EPF withdrawal of certain claims etc..
For logging to the UAN portal, one needs to have generate the EPF UAN number and get it activate for using the EPFO online services.
How to Get EPF UAN Number
UAN number is provided by the employer of the person or one can generate the EPF UAN number by self using the Aadhaar number, This online facility can be used by the people who have their mobile linked with the aadhaar card, and the registering person will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number and the details provided on the aadhaar portal can be directly fed on to the UAN login portal.
- The user can visit the unified portal or EPF UAN login portal using the url https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
- On the login screen of the page, the user needs to ‘Online aadhaar verified UAN allotment’
- Now on the new screen opens, the user needs to provide the aadhaar card number
- Click on Generate OTP (The OTP will be shared on the registered mobile number)
- On providing the OTP provided on the mobile number, the submit button at the bottom of the screen will become active, the user needs to click on the ‘submit’ button in order to proceed further.
- Now a page will open with all the basic details as fetched from the aadhaar account, the user can check all the information that appears on the screen and provide information for the missing fields.
- The user can then Click on the register button present on the screen after providing the captcha code. This will help generate the UAN code for the new user.
Let us now see, how a person who has a UAN number can activate the UAN for his account
- The user needs to visit the UAN portal by visiting https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Click on the Activate UAN button after providing the details such as UAN, Name, Date of birth, mobile number.
- An authorization pin will be shared with the user, and the UAN for the user will be activated once the user provides the pin only.
EPF UAN Login Portal Services
UAN provides various useful options for the user and these are easy and can be used by self
Updating the KYC for the PF account : An activated user, should update his KYC on the UAN portal, and the KYC details include the Aadhaar number, PAN number, Bank details and other KYC details such as driving license number, passport number, election card etc. All these details will be checked and verified by the employer.
It is important for the user to get the details verified as for the verified user, it is very easy to file for claim, withdraw claim etc.
Linking UAN to aadhaar number : Linking the UAN to aadhaar can also fasten the services that are used on the UAN portal.
Online claims : One can easily transfer or withdraw the amount from the PF account if the person has the account ready on the UAN portal and has the KYC done for his UAN account.
View passbook : The UAN user can check his PF statement and the balance in his account by checking his passbook and can plan his financials and retirement in a better way.
View profile details : One can check his profile details and can make necessary amendments to it in case required.
E-Nominations : The user can also file for the nominations in online only after generating and activate EPF UAN number by providing the details of the nominee but should be provided the user with all his updated details in unified login portal.