Register your credentials at Income Tax India efiling website and login to the portal to submit return for the assessment year and to check the income tax refund if applicable, Find how to reset your login password with forgot option at incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in…
The Income Tax department of India is a centralised form of association where they keep track of tax redemption from people all across India, and we have seen people surrounding us talk about Income tax refund and the status of the application during most of the times.
As you already know that the department makes a small deduction from your salaried account and sometime during December you are eligible to apply for tax refund application.
Once you have applied for the refund process then the Income Tax department takes around 3-4 months and releases the status of every application basing on their calculation, but in order for all the steps to happen that we’ve mentioned it is necessary for you to apply for the tax refund in the first place.
You should understand that account registration before the whole process is necessary and beware of fake Income tax filing websites.
Requirements for Income Tax Login
- User ID – After registration you will receive the login ID
- Password – You can setup your own password while registration
- Phone Number – If forgot password to receive OTP
- PAN – This is necessary while completing KYC
So, in this article we will be discussing about the simple steps that will help you to learn how to log into your Income tax account easily, and before you continue reading this article, I would advise you to first register your account from the Income tax department official website and then follow the below instructions.
Income Tax Login Process – How to log into Income Tax Official Website
- Open IT department web portal
- The First step would be to go to the Income Tax department official website at https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
- Then on the right side, you can see the “Login Here” button in green colour, click on it
- Enter the User ID and Password
- You will land on the login page directly where you have entered
- Make sure to enter the correct Captcha code from the image
- Click on the Login button
- Now you have successfully logged into your account
Forgot Income Tax Login Password
It is quite common to forgot password for different services and the same might happen for the Income Tax account password as well, but you don’t have to worry a bit because the password resetting process is quite easy and you can rest your password from the steps shown.
- When you are on the Income tax login page, then click on “Forgot Password?” button
- Next password resetting page will appear, where you have to enter User ID and Captcha as shown in image
- Then check the “Request OTP” button and click on continue button
- Enter the OTP and reset the password to your preferred one
- Once your password has been reset you can now login to your account via the same process as shown above.
In this way you will be able to login to your Income tax account and check your refund status from there directly. You can use your account in many ways such as to check the refund, then refilling of income tax application which is a major action item.