In this article, we will first go through the process on how to ePay tax from Income tax portal and once that is done, then also discuss how to check the e tax payment status for the same. So, keep tuned and follow the below guide.
Income Tax Payment based on your PAN and TAN for any entity such as Individual, company or institution might seem hard but its quite easy with the new ePay tax payment process that allows citizens to either pay online or take eChallan to pay at the bank again your PAN card or TAN.
Once you have either your PAN, TAN or respective tax account details, then simply follow the below actionable steps to make the e tax Payment in superfast mode.
- Open the Incometax efiling portal from incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/
- Click on ePay Tax from the homepage
- Tap on continue
- Enter your PAN/TAN and confirm the same along with your registered Mobile number
- Provide the OTP received on your registered mobile number
- Click on continue
- On the next page, confirm PAN/TAN and name confirmation then click on Continue
- Select the payment category net
- Select the assessment year and type of year and click on continue
- Add your tax break details and the total along with the documents you have uploaded,
- click on continue and You will be redirected to payment mode
- Select a payment gateway and click on continue
- Complete the payment through your desired gateway.
Also Check: Income Tax Refund Status
Can I download my Income tax portal ePay tax receipt
Yes, you can download your receipt from the Payment receipt section under your Income Tax portal account.
Can I make e tax payment from Bank
Yes, you can fill your e-Pay tax details on the ePay Income tax portal payment page and then select your payment methods as bank challan of selected one and then download. Print the e-Challan and show it at your selected bank to complete the payment as required.
Also Read: AIS Download
e Tax Payment Status
Now that you have made your payment steps, then follow the below instructions to check your payment status.
Once any e Tax payment is made from the Income tax portal, then you will receive both e-Mail confirmation and SMS confirmation on your registered email address and registered mobile number with the e-Filing portal.
You will also head to your receipt section, then download the payment receipt for e Tax payment status confirmation.