Here is Challan 280 offline payment process to pay advance tax to Income Tax India, Check the requirements to pay in offline, and what the payment modes available for payment, and the penalty on PAN card holder if presented the wrong PAN number…
Income tax payment is a necessary thing to do when we start raking up the money and for every Indian it might seem impossible to get perfectly with the online process, and there are some people who still loves the golden way of filling the forms offline by paying via the Bank DD challan which is not so bad.
So, in our previous article we will learn about the challan 280 for income tax payment which was more about the online process on how you can pay for your taxes readily.
But there are some people who would also like to pay the challan offline and for those people did not need to worry because we also have the offline form which you can download and apply through the offline process.
- What is Form 16, Form 16A and Form 16B
- How to Claim Income Tax exemption on House Rent Allowance
- Pay Advance Tax in Online with Challan 280
- How to login to Income efiling India
How to download Challan 280 Offline & Payment
Encircle and going to show you the basic steps required for any taxpayer are self assessment tax payer to complete the challan 280 form fully and then how they can submit directly to the income tax office.
- The first basic step could be to go to the official website of income tax India from here
- The second step would be to go and click on from / download tab from the menu on the homepage
- After clicking on it you have to select challans from the dropdown menu given out
- After clicking on challan, you will be redirected to the forms and download pages related to income tax forms and challans
- So, on this webpage you can see challan number 280 on the very top which we can download by clicking on the PDF icon
- After clicking on the PDF icon, it will redirect you to another tab from where you can download the PDF directly to your phone or desktop and then take a printed copy to fill the form completely
Requirements for offline filling of challan 280
Payment via Bank: Select a preferred bank where you can go and pay directly the Income tax amount to be paid via credit card, debit card or cash to receive a DD challan. A DD stands for Demand draft which once paid can only be used by the Income tax department and while filling the DD form before payment you need to mention Income Tax department to ensure the payment is receivable.
Bank DD: So, you must make sure that while filling out the income tax payment by using challan 280 form you also have to submit the DD from the bank. It should include the date of deposit of challan along with the challan serial number and also the seven-digit BSR code of the bank from where they have paid.
Permanent Account Number (PAN): It is very important while filling the form that you have to mention your permanent account number are pan number of the form correctly
Please note that if you insert a wrong PAN number or wrong permanent account number then you can be fined rupees of 10000. So, it is advised to make sure that you cross check your PAN number correctly Most importantly I have to check the tax applicable section and also the assessment year which you can do on your own after self-assessment.