Life Certificate for Abroad Living Pensioner can submit online or at embassy. Check 5 methods for submission of Annual Life certificate for Indian pensioners / family pensioners who lives in abroad…
Life Certificate is annual certificate taken as a proof of identity of a person avails the pension benefits. Every individual has to prove that they are alive and they eligible to get benefits of pension through SBI, Post Office or any authorized bank.
In these scenarios there are thousands of pension holders in families or individuals who live abroad and don’t get much difficulty in showing their life certificates. At present, If your residing in USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE or in any abroad country, Just submit your Life Certificate online through Jeevan Pramaan.
Also, the life certificate must update by following five methods and only upon their renewal, the pension scheme continued. This may hard to visit India every year just for submission of life certificate. Now there are multiple methods which can use to update the life certificate for pensioner living abroad.
How to Submit Life Certificate for Pensioners from Abroad
Here are a few methods which may follow by the pensioners living abroad to update life certificate annually.
- Method1: In case, if the individual or family residing abroad and enjoying the benefit of pension, drawing the amount through any bank included in the second schedule to RBI Act 1934, then the life certificate may sign by any officer from that bank. If the Bank officer signs your Life Certificate on Abroad pensioners form, the individual or family pensioner may accept from appearing in Indian Bank for their annual appearance process.
- Method 2: The Life Certificate for Abroad pensioners may process by creating a Notary. This must sign by the agent and by magistrate. With the proof of notary, the individual or family pensioner may avail benefit and get annual life certificate update.
- Method 3: In this method, an individual or family pensioner has to submit Digital Life Certificate through online method. Pensioner may submit life certificate through Jeevan Pramaan website or Jeevan Pramaan App. It is by using their Aadhaar based biometric authentication system. Thus by means of their Aadhaar biometric, the individual will be able to update the life certificate from anywhere. (No:14.3- Page38- 5th Edition July 2021 of Scheme for Payment of Pensions to Central Govt Civil Pensioners by Authorized Banks)
- Method 4: If individuals unable to visit India for their personal identification for life certificate to continue their pension. They can issue a certificate by authorized official from Indian embassy or high commission of India or Indian Consulate. It is from the place where they are currently residing. There may be a photo to attest on the certificate as per Passport or PPO and taken as proof to continue the life certificate.
- Method 5: In case, if individual or family pensioner unable to visit the embassy office or high commission of India in their country, then they can send the documents by post to the embassy or consulate office. The documents should also have an attested doctor’s copy showing the inability to present to the office in person. (No:16- Page44- 5th Edition July 2021 of Scheme for Payment of Pensions to Central Govt Civil Pensioners by Authorized Banks)
You may now visit the Government issued guidelines dated 22.09.2021 or download the same from the source available.
- What if my life certificate not updated in a year?
As per the guidelines of Reserve Bank of India, every individual or family pensioner has to submit life certificate update at pension drawing branches. In the event of missing life certificate update, the monthly pension may get into hold and may not continue.
- Is Life Certificate may update through online banking?
The Life Certificate may submit using the online updating portal using the Aadhar UID biometric process. Only the one with Aadhaar linked mobile number can process the requests and get the life certificate update online.
- When is the last date for the update of the Life Certificate?
In general the updating of Life Certificate for Abroad pensioners or Indian pensioners will be in the month of November. This is in general the same period when life certificate updating by all banks processed for their respective pensioners.