IceGate mail is the online portal that creates for all the ICEGate employees able to use their generic IceGate webmail to send out proper communication over their protocol network.
The reason why the generic webmail brought into working was because a lot of working employees if ICEGATE have been using private email services such as Yahoo, Gmail and more which were against the government rules.
In order to ensure a proper domain used to send out emails, generic webmail has been provided to all employees of departments. It is not just for communication between them and the departments.
These emails may use to communicate, IceGate epayment taxpayers and with citizens. While using IceGate webmail will prove them to have a secure connection. This will give citizens a sense of trust with the emails coming from a government domain.
What is IceGate Webmail
As we discussed, IceGate mail is simply an email service which has been located on the ICEGate portal and has become mandatory for all employees to use their official emails for all communications. These communications may be inter or intra department and can be towards citizens as well.
Every employee will receive their IceGate email and password through SMS to their registered mobile number from the government.
They can use the login portal webmail.icegate.gov.in to login to their generic email account with their account email and password.
If you wish to use IceGate mail generic email and also the personal email then you can do so by accessing them through two different internet browsers.
The government has proposed the use of email client Lotus notes Client through which multiple officers can readily access their emails
Each officer will receive only 1GB of email serve. If they either reach the limit or wish to increase their server, can reach out to respective department to get activate.
How to login to IceGate Mail Online
Assuming that you already have your account email id and password with you then you can follow the below methods which will show you how to access IceGate mail on desktop and mobile.
For Desktop through Browser
You can follow this method if you wish to access your email account from the browser using the below steps.
- First open the IceGate email login page from here webmail.icegate.gov.in
- Enter your username and password here
- Click on the Login button and you will logged into your account
For Mobile using IBM Verse app
You can also use IBM Verse which is an email client tool from IBM based server to access ICEGate webmail through the steps below
- First find out the IBM Verse app on Google Play Store or iOS App Store and then install, open it
- Next click on “My company server” under I want to connect too. Options and under the enter your server url mobile.cbec.gov.in
- Click on next button
- A prompt asking you to enter your company user id and password, you need to enter and click on login
- Simply select the application under IBM Verse as “Mail and Calendar”
- Click on next which will now complete your account setup.
ICEGate Mail Forgot Password Reset
While you use your ICEGate mail, there can be issues, if you tend to forget your account password, and to solve this, you can learn from below on how you can reset your account password.
- Open the IceGate webmail login page from here webmail.icegate.gov.in
- Click on Forgot Password option
- On the Forgot password page click on the lock icon, and Password reset popup will appear and you need to
- Check the “Password Reset For Generic Webmail Account” option and enter your webmail
- Then enter the Owner’s SSO ID, RSA Pin and then click on the Request OTP button
- On the next page enter the OTP received. Click on the submit button then you will be able to reset your account password.
- Can I access IceGate Webmail on mobile?
Yes, you can access your IceGate webmail on a mobile phone. It is through a browser directly and in case if your phone supports use of Lotus notes client then you can use it to login as well.
- Can i reset IceGate mail forgot password?
If you have forgotten your IceGate mail password then open IceGate mail login page and click on forgot password. Next enter your mail id, owners SSO ID, RSA pin and then enter OTP to enable to reset your password.
- What is IceGate helpdesk email ID?
If you are facing any issue with your IceGate email id and password, then you can always reach out to the IceGate helpdesk through their toll free number: 1800-3010-1000 or else you can also email them at: firstname.lastname@example.org.