Surrender CGHS Card on Transfer / Retirement / Death

How to Surrender CGHS Card for different cases like employee transfer, on Retirement (Superannuation) or on death, and the procedure to surrender online if available, What is the application for surrender CGHS card and can we get a surrender certificate on submission of the card…

CGHS is a health scheme for employees of Government, which provides medial features through wellness centres, One eligible under this scheme will be allocated a CGHS card that will be valid in said boundaries of department, and It is a must that and CGHS Card issued should be of same place and locality of the residence of a pensioner.

In case if pensioner is transferring to another city beyond the limit of the current card bounders, and they are said to surrender their Health Card and also get the validity edited in card to get benefits, Failing to record the transferred address will lead ineligibility in benefits.

Employee should get the valid details of current card validity and surrender it to the department, and the same department issues Surrender certificate which needs to be submitted in a new locality, to issue new CGHS Card with benefits details. If an employee has met the retirement period or superannuation, in both the cases CGHS Card should be surrendered. As the card becomes invalid after their maturity period, they are required to surrender the card to the department.

Same department will in return surrender certificate to obtain pensioner CGHS benefits as per contribution made. Failure in surrender of CGHS Card in any of the case, will lead extra penalty and also benefits from older origination will not be reflected in a new area and Employee should also surrender their respective card in case of traveling abroad, as the process and acceptance rules gets changed for non-resident of India.

Requirements to Surrender CGHS Card

This are some must be valid proofs submitted to surrender the CGHS card due to any sort of reason of employee.

  • CGHS Plastic Card Issued by Department
  • NOC from Department for Transfer/Retirement
  • Application letter with cause of surrender

Once these proofs are submitted with government ID proof of employee, the department will accept the Card and will generate Surrender certificate.

99Networks | 25Penny | Model Paper 2022 | Board Paper 2022 | Sample Paper 2022 | Ed Post | Question Paper 2022 | Board Model Paper 2022 | JnanabhumiAP | Scholarship- Fellowship | Model Paper 2022 |

4 thoughts on “Surrender CGHS Card on Transfer / Retirement / Death”

  1. Hi,
    My husband passed away and since then I have not used the card. I would like to surrender my husband’s card, along with my son’s card who is 25 yrs old. Can I submit it online for the cancellation.

    Rajamma Jose

  2. I am a central Govt employee and suppose to be transferred in different departments and ministries of central Govt almost every 3/4 yrs. I, my wife and a son as dependent was issued a CGHS card at my posting as Regional Labour Commissioner at lucknow around in the year 2016 and promoted to join as Labour Welfare Commissioner at CPWD HQ Delhi in the month of January 2019 both were covered under CGHS.Now again I have been transferred to an Ordnance factory at Kanpur in the month of June 2020 where they have their own hospital and medical facilities are admissible to me too. In present circumstances I am taking the medical facilities from Ordnance hospital. The CGHS card is with me and not used at all. My question is in such cases where the department has their own hospital and government employee having the CGHS card previously, what should be done with CGHS card.
    I am to retire in March 2023 probably from Ordnance factory and to apply for CGHS card as pensioner. What should I do to get it smoothly.

  3. my mother was working in mtnl and took voluntary retirement on 2005. we get her cghs scheme on january 2021. she was admitted in hospital several times but we did not claim any facility of cghs scheme untill she died on 13th april 2021.
    shall we discontinue the scheme and get our money back from cghs
    please guide

  4. Hi,

    My father in law was retired chief Engineer from Delhi Jal Board. His sudden demise happened on April 29th. My mother in law left alone in Delhi. All their kids are abroad. We are trying to find out the way to transfer the pension account on my mother-in-laws name. Please let me know if there is any online process to follow the same.



Leave a Comment