As you understand it is quite important to update your bank details in your EPF account and most of the times when your employer creates your account in EPF, the bank details might be what your employer is paying you on a monthly basis is updated on your EPF account.
But in case where you have got a new bank account, then you should go ahead and update your EPF account with the updated bank account so that whenever you want to receive your EPF withdrawal funds then it gets withdrawn to the correct and updated bank account. So, go ahead and learn to update bank details in EPF without an employer.
You can simply follow the steps below to learn how to update bank details in your EPF account without any employer assistance.
How to Update Bank Details in EPF without an Employer
- Open EPFO UAN login to your account with UAN number and password
- Click on the Manage tab
- Select KYC from menu
- Next under the “KYC Details” section, click on “View/Update”
- Tap on Bank Details
- In the Bank Details section, you can add or update your bank account information, including your account number, IFSC code, and bank name.
- Once you update your bank details, then click on the Save button.
- You will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number, enter the OTP and submit the form.
- You will then need to upload a scanned copy of your canceled cheque or bank passbook as proof of your bank account details.
- Once you have completed the process, your bank details will be verified by the EPFO and updated in their records.
- Can I change the bank account for EPF without an employer?
New EPF account owners need to get their bank account details updated by their employer but if you are not then you can update directly from EPFO website.
- How can I update my KYC in EPF without an employer?
If you are an EPF account owner, then you can directly upload your new bank account details in EPF without an employer by updating it through KYC Details.
- Who will verify the bank account in EPF?
Once you update your bank details, EPFO will verify and confirm your bank details.
- What happens if KYC is not approved by the employer?
Most of the time it should be approved by the employer, but if not then you can reach out to your employer or employer hr to get it approved after you initiate it once again for approval.