How to get PRAN Number and How to know your PRAN Number registration status for NPS account, Find the detailed information about Permanent Retirement Account Number…
Permanent Retirement Account Number is a 12-digit unique number that is allocated to an individual who is registered with the National Pension Scheme, and once the NPS account created for an individual, they have an option to get their PRAN Card offline.
In future connection with your Pension related scheme, this PRAN will be must and it holds all your linked KYC documents useful while retirement and It is necessary to save your PRAN, as you will require to log in online and as well to know your balance in an NPS account.
Once a PRAN is allocated with your KYC, it cannot be changed thus you can note this number as a permanent reference.
How to Get PRAN Number
PRAN for an NPS account will be allocated by the NSDL nodal officer after reviewing all your provided KYC documents, and thus this will take 7 working days after submission of your NPS application form.
So to have your unique Permanent Retirement Account number, you need to get yourself registered with the NPS scheme by providing all your KYC documents, PAN, Aadhar, Date of Birth, Photograph.
How to Know your PRAN Number
If you have registered with NPS and are still in the process to know your PRAN, then do follow these steps and know your updated number, Make sure you have got the Acknowledged number which is generated while registration with NPS in NSDL portal.
- Visit NSDL official portal
- Here you can find multiple options related to NPS scheme
- Scroll down and click on PRAN Application Status or Subscriber Registration Status
- Make sure you select with Acknowledgement number
- The Subscriber Registration Request Status page will be loaded now
- Enter your PRN Acknowledgement number
- A next column is an option, which you can find in receipt
- Enter the Captcha Code > Click on Search to fetch your details
- The Portal will read your acknowledgement number and get you updated about the PRAN status, and the number shown in status can be noted as you can directly fetch your status using the number as well.
Do we have an option to get a second PRAN Number?
No, the answer to this question is strict No, As the employee associated with any company might have their change in employment which can’t be updated regularly in the NPS portal, and thus the unique PRAN will be allocated which must be used by employees till their retirement.
How to Activate my PRAN Number?
The individual having the PRAN needs to login to the National Pension System portal, A minimum contribution of INR 500 to be made by filling your PRAN and Date of birth to start your NPS account which parallelly activates your PRAN.
Can I Change my Mobile Number associated with PRAN Number?
Yes, employees can anytime get their registered mobile number changed by visiting the nearby Nodal office, By submitting the correction form, they can update the new mobile number by providing the Supporting KYC document for reference.