Indian Overseas Bank brings the IOB SMS banking service to customers, which allows them to access the account through offline mode, and thus customers can get the latest updated information from their account using SMS.
In case if you have lost your internet connection and are unable to visit the Indian Overseas Bank net banking service, then you can avail SMS service, and this is a secure process that needs to be followed with your registered mobile number only.
Thus customers who want to avail of this SMS feature, need to get their active mobile number linked with your Indian Overseas Bank Account, and here we bring you detailed information about the SMS banking in this article for Indian Overseas Bank customers.
IOB SMS Banking Registration
To activate the service, customers need to follow the below-given procedure.
- Firstly visit your nearest Indian Overseas Bank Branch
- Fill the mobile number registration form for mobile banking
- Provide your account number and other asked information
- Submit the form to process your account
- In a week or less, the SMS banking service to your mobile number activated and a confirmation SMS also sent to your registered mobile number.
- NOTE: SMS banking service may not register via Mobile
IOB SMS Banking Codes
|Service||IOB SMS Syntax||SMS Sent to (Banking Number)|
|Balance Enquiry||BAL Last 4 digit account number|
Ex: BAL 4444
|Mini Statement||MINI last 4 digit account number |
Ex: MINI 4444
|Get your MMID||MMID||8424022122|
Source:- Follow the official IOB page for more details
- Why to use Indian Overseas Bank SMS Banking Service?
The SMS bank service provided by Indian Overseas Banking will ensure that their customer can have track of their account in any condition. An SMS to IOB number will give a mini statement, account status and other details as requested with code.
- Is using IOB SMS service safe?
Yes, the Indian Overseas Bank SMS banking is all safe. Every message you send to the number transmitted through a secure line, thus the communication between customers and bank through SMS encrypted which makes it secure to use.
- Can we get Last transaction from SMS Banking in IOB?
Yes, Indian Overseas Bank has different codes defined to list the transaction history or other details from the customer account, and thus customers need to pass the SMS with the proper format to get the list of transactions or any such from their Indian Overseas Bank account.
- What if I want to change my Indian Overseas Bank Registered Mobile Number?
If the customer has lost their previous number or wants a new mobile number to register with Indian Overseas Bank Account. Then they need to visit the nearest IOB bank branch and fill the mobile number registration form to link with your account.