Pay Chennai Water Tax Online | View Chennai Metro Water Tax Bill and Status for residential and commercial properties in Metro city…
The municipal corporation of Chennai does bring various services to the Chennai residents by providing their timely Water Supply, Electricity and Sewerage supply. Chennai Metro water Supply and Sewerage Board looks after the proper functioning of Sewerage lines and supply for drinking water.
There is also a Water Tax levied on every residential and commercial property based on their intake. This tax levied by the Water board based on the meter installed to every supply. It is mandatory payment that has to pay by the owner, else the water connection not continued.
Chennai Water Tax
Metro Water Tax leived through Metered or unmetered connection, where the amount is calculated based on the total units utilized. This is similar to the electricity Bill which is taken based on the power utilization per month.
Chennai Metro Water Tax will differ from rural and urban areas making its difference in calculation. As well the tax amount will be different for individual property or commercial property which has different slab rates. Here we will help you to know the Water Tax for your property and get a quick update on dues.
Chennai Water Tax Online Payment
- Visit the official website of Chennai Metropolitan Water supply & Sewerage Board chennaimetrowater.tn.gov.in
- Now click on Water tax & Charges online payment from the list of option
- Provide mobile number or enter the property details
- Click on Pay button to load the dues over your property for water tax
- Verify the details and click on Pay button to process for payment
- Use any online payment mode and make the payment for Metro Water Tax
What is the Chennai Water Tax Interest rate for late payment?
The Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage board does leave a 2% tax on the total area amount for the late payment of Water Tax. The amount of late payment accumulated with next month payment and continued until full arrears paid.
How to Check Chennai Water Tax Status
Once you have made the Payment for Water Tax, the same updated in the portal within 24 hours of successful payments.
- Go to the official website of Chennai Water Board form your browser
- Now click on Online Payment option and wait for options to load
- Here click on to view water tax payment receipt under Receipt
- Provide your details of property and then click on print receipt
- The last updated payment receipt of Metro Water Tax may loaded
How to change my name on the Chennai Water Tax Receipt?
In case, if you have wrongly printed the name on the Water Tax receipt. Then the individual has to visit the nearest Water board office and provide a Name updating application form along with property papers with the correct name to update.
Is Chennai Water Tax mandatory?
The Water Supply and Sewerage Board does look after proper drinking water supply in the Metro City and thus for the same Water tax may collected. The water tax collected from residents based on their intake through the meters attached to every line.