Making changes or PAN card name correction is not a herculean task, where the changes may done online as well as offline. This may done in various other ways too, Let us discuss a few of them.
Sometimes it happens that while registering the PAN card we register wrong details or required changes after few years in birth date or PAN card address change in general. We need to make these corrections so that it remains solid identity proof.
PAN stands for the permanent account number. It is an alphanumeric number which is 10 digits and issued to citizens in the form of a laminated card. The authority issuing the card is the Indian tax department please stop. For the citizens of India, it is a mandatory or very important identity proof.
PAN Card Name Correction through NSDL Portal
You can follow the below steps to change or how to correct name in PAN card through NSDL portal
- Visit the online service portal of the NSDL onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
- Click Apply Online
- Select the option of correction/changes in existing PAN under the Application type
- Select the category as ‘Individual’.
- Fill in the details asked, like- first name, last name, date of birth, e-mail ID, PAN number, citizenship status, etc.
- Select the option by ‘submitting data to us/or using our NSDL e-gov website’
- Enter the correct captcha code.
- Click Submit
- You will get a confirmation message and receive a token on your registered email ID.
- Click on ‘Continue with PAN Application Form’.
- You may redirected to open application page (online).
- Follow all the on-screen instructions. Select any option from the following three
- Forward documents physically.
- Submit digitally through e- KYC and e- Sign.
- Submit scanned images through e-Sign.
- For completing the process online, select the first option ‘Submit digitally through e- KYC and e- Sign (Paperless)’.
- Enter the last four digits of the Aadhaar number.
- Update the additional information as well. Tick that box for which you want to make the changes. With the name change, you can also change the photograph or signature by clicking on the photo mismatch or signature mismatch option given on the page.
- You have to attach the document proof also at this stage.
- Make a declaration with your name, place, date, etc.
- Attach photograph and signature.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- See the preview and then enter the first eight digits of your Aadhaar Number.
- Submit the PAN card correction form.
- Do the payment.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Complete the KYC process and then click ‘Authenticate’.
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Click on ‘eSign’.
- Accept terms and conditions. Enter your Aadhaar Number again and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP and download the acknowledgment form.
Also Check: How to Change Date of Birth in PAN Card
Name Correction in PAN Card with UTIITSL
- Go to the UTIITSL website using pan.utiitsl.com/PAN/
- Click on Change/Correction in PAN card.
- Search and click on the ‘Click to Apply’ option.
- Tap in the ‘Apply for Change/Correction in the PAN card details tab.
- Submit the documents by selecting the mode of submission.
- Enter your PAN number.
- Select the mode of PAN card.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Click ‘OK’ after receiving the reference number.
- Enter address and name details and click on ‘Next Step’.
- Again, enter the PAN and click ‘Next Step’.
- Upload documents and click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
For both the above process from NSDL or UTIITSL, it will take about 15 days for the correction to take place in your existing PAN card details. Once done, you will get a text message for the same and it will be dispatched via post.
How to Correct Name in PAN card through offline mode
The corrections may submit offline as well, as below
- Download the PAN correction. You can directly click here.
- Fill out the form, attach the required documents, and submit it to the PAN center.
- Once you have made the payment and submitted the form, you will get an acknowledgment slip. Keep this safe.
- Send this slip to the Income Tax PAN Service Unit of the NSDL.
PAN Card Name Correction Documents
Major documents required to submit the changes are as below
- copy of PAN card
- Address proof
- proof of date of birth
- identity proof.
What are the fees for the PAN card correction?
It is fixed at Rs. 110. But if you are living outside India, the dispatch fee of Rs. 910 is to be paid extra.
How to check the PAN status?
- Go to the NSDL PAN website.
- Click on ‘Know Status of PAN Application’.
- Enter the Acknowledgement/Reference number and then enter the Captcha code.
- At the end, click on ‘Submit’ tab to check PAN card status
How to download the new PAN card
You may have an option for PAN card download in online with the below steps
- Go to the NSDL PAN website.
- Click on ‘Download e-PAN/ e-PAN XML’.
- Enter the GSTIN, PAN number, and date of birth, and then enter the Captcha code.
- At the end, click on ‘Submit’ tab.