Jharkhand property tax is the tax levied based on the value of property and the respective owners are responsible for paying the tax to municipal corporation.
If you are a citizen of Jharkhand who received their tax dues from municipal then this article can help you understand the process of Jharkhand property tax payment online. Here is the process which you can follow and make your property tax due payments.
Jharkhand Property Tax online Payment
- Go to Jharkhand municipal corporation official site suda.jharkhand.gov.in/jharkhandmunicipal/citizen/
- Click on Pay Property under property tax options
- Select your respective municipal corporation and Click GO now
- Select Ward Number from dropdown and Enter Holding No
- Click on Search Apply online for assessment and tap on Yes button
- Select the Property from the list
- Once verified, the applicant will be levied on your property
- Use any payment gateway method and the tax payment online
Property tax exemption
There are some exceptions that are being provided on the Property tax for the following listed below category individuals.
- Property or land owned by Devasthan department
- Property which maintained for public worship
- Education institution is free from property tax
- Any land which is under connected with deaths
- Public parks and libraries are also free form tax
- Is there any penalty for not paying Jharkhand Property Tax?
The Jharkhand municipal corruption levies an interest of 2 percent for the delay of property tax payment. The further delay does also include any strict action by the municipal corporation individual.
- Does Jharkhand property tax include agricultural land?
Yes, the agricultural land also included in the Jharkhand property tax payment. Their property value will be very less when compared with the developed area, and the respective cultivator has to make payment of property tax.
- Why is commercial and residential property tax different in Jharkhand?
In consideration of the municipal corporation, the Jharkhand state Municipal Corporation does levied a different rate of interest for residential and commercial areas. As commercial properties gain more income and thus more tax imposed on them when compared with residential owners.