A duplicate PAN Card is a lifeline for those who find themselves without their original card when lost or making correction.
Permanent Account Number (PAN) stands as a unique identifier for millions of individuals and entities across India and PAN card serves as a crucial document for various financial and legal transactions.
Apply for Duplicate PAN Card
Duplicate PAN Card online through the NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) websites, It is authorized by the Income Tax Department of India to process PAN card applications. The following are the steps to apply for a duplicate PAN card online.
- Open the TINNSDL website with the link https://www.protean-tinpan.com/
- Click on OnlinePAN Services
- Select Apply for PAN online, You will directed to application page
- Click on Application Type and select Reprint of PAN card
- Next, Tap on Category and select your category in the list
- Enter the Applicant information such as title, full name, email, mobile number, PAN number
- After providing all Details once check properly and Click on Submit
- Your Token Number will be displayed and select Continue application process.
- Read the Guidelines and Tap on Next
- Provide the Personal Details, Contact Details, and Document Details.
- Give the Declaration and Review all the details
- Click on Submit
- Make the Payment
- Save unique 15-digit acknowledgment number for future reference to track status
- PAN card will be delivered to the mentioned address in the application in 14 – 18 working days
Note that applying for a duplicate PAN card is necessary in case of loss, theft, or damage to the original card. If you already have a PAN card and are applying for a duplicate, it is illegal to hold multiple PAN numbers.
How to Apply for Duplicate PAN Card Offline
To apply for a Duplicate PAN Card offline, follow these steps
- Obtain the Request for New PAN Card or Correction in PAN Data form, also known as Form 49A, from your nearest NSDL PAN center. You can also download the form from the official websites of NSDL.
- Fill the Form 49A with accurate and legible information in Block Letters
- Attach Supporting Documents and two signed photographs.
- Provide your PAN number.
- Submit the completed application form, supporting documents, and the Pay the Fees to the nearest NSDL PAN center.
- Receive the Acknowledgment receipt.
- You will get the Duplicate PAN card in 15 days after the income tax PAN services successful verification.
If you have a registered account on the Income Tax Department’s e-Filing portal, you can also apply for a duplicate PAN card online by logging in and selecting the Reprint PAN Card option.
What to do When Pan Card Lost
If the PAN card is lost then you can apply for a duplicate PAN card by submitting the Form for Request for New PAN Card or/ and Changes or Correction in PAN Data by following the above-mentioned procedure either online or offline.
Duplicate PAN Card Download PDF
You can download a duplicate PAN card in PDF format through the Income Tax Department’s e-Filing portal. follow the steps to get a duplicate PAN card download PDF.
- Open the official e-Filing portal of the Income Tax Department incometaxindia.gov.in
- Click on Tax e-Services
- Scroll down and Select the PAN option.
- Tap on the Instant e-PAN option.
- You will be directed to the e-PAN page, in which choose Check PAN Card Status / Download PAN
- Enter the Aadhaar number and Request for OTP.
- Enter the Aadhaar OTP to proceed.
- Next, Click on the Download E-PAN option in the right side top.
- You have to enter the Password to open the pdf, Password is your Date of Birth (DDMMYYYY) format.
- After that, Download a Duplicate PAN Card PDF
If you face any issues during the process, you can contact the Income Tax Department’s helpline or customer support for assistance.
What documents are required for a Duplicate PAN Card?
The documents required include proof of identity, proof of address, a passport-sized photograph, and a copy of your original PAN card (if available).
What is the fee for a Duplicate PAN Card?
Applicants are required to pay a fee of Rs. 110, which includes a processing fee of Rs. 93.00 plus 18% GST.
How long does it take to get a Duplicate PAN Card?
The processing time for a Duplicate PAN Card varies, but it usually takes a few weeks from the date of application.