The process to cancel your IRCTC ticket is way simpler as you did your booking, and this should be known properly to cancel the ticket, else you will end your cancelation but without the refund.
IRCTC does have some clause with which passengers can easily cancel the ticket and if applicable can take a full refund, and there are few rules as well that need to be remembered while canceling any ticket booked through IRCTC.
It is always good to have a second thought while booking a ticket, as most of the time the IRCTC website won’t allow you to refund or your miss cancelation will not benefit you anyway.
Rules for Cancellation of IRCTC Ticket
The rules for cancelation of tickets are applicable for everyone, thus one who is eligible will be given a refund or else the ticket will be just canceled.
- The cancellation should be processed before 4 hours of travel
- Cancel of the ticket before 12 hours will give you a full refund
- Tatkal IRCTC Ticket will not be applicable for refund
- The Cancelation charges will be applied on every ticket
How to Cancel IRCTC Ticket
The ticket booked through IRCTC can be cancelled any time and the clear process of it is listed here, So do follow these steps and get your IRCTC ticket cancelled smoothly.
- Visit the official website of IRCTC through irctc.co.in URL link
- Now click on Book Ticket link after your login to the portal
- Select the ticket that you want to cancel for respective passenger
- Verify the details and the ticket number to be canceled
- Check the box that asks you > Click on Cancel confirm button
- The ticket cancelation will be processed, and an applicable refund will be initiated to be settled to your account.
- Will Cancellation be applicable for Non Insurance Tickets?
There is no link for the cancellation of tickets with the insurance applied on travel tickets, On the other hand, having IRCTC travel insurance on a ticket for passenger travel will help you get a full refund even without deducting the cancellation charges.
- Where will the refund amount be deposited by IRCTC?
The amount is applicable for a refund during the cancellation of the IRCTC ticket and will be refunded back to the original account, and the account will be the same account, which is used while booking the ticket, which can be a debit card, internet banking, credit card or the IRCTC Wallet.
- Will I get a full refund on IRCTC Ticket Cancellation?
No, the cancellation in any case with IRCTC will not be the full amount, and the minimal amount of service charge along with the applied cancellation charge on the booking will be applied, and thus the amount will be refunded after deducting the charges to the same account.