Make use of Water Lock feature in your apple watch to eject water after your activity in water. Just check the complete information on Water lock, simple guide for How to activate and disable it, advantages followed by steps to fix it when the mode is not turning off…
What is Water Lock on Apple Watch
Getting nervous to use your Apple watch under water, just use Water lock mode which is the great feature of Apple watch to get rid of water. With the help of the Apple Watch Water lock feature, you can lock your watch’s display and stop water from activating the touch screen or accidental touches or swipe on the wet screen.
This feature is particularly significant for people who enjoy swimming or other water sports because it helps to minimize water damage to the watch and unintentional screen touches. Let’s learn more about this attribute.
How to Activate Apple Watch Water Lock Feature
In order to prevent water droplets or water pressure from activating the screen, waterlock locks your watch's screen and disables the touch screen.
- Open home screen
Unlock your Apple Watch and Go to Home screen
- Swipe up from bottom of the screen
Swipe up on the watch face from the bottom of the screen of your Apple Watch
- Tap on Water lock feature
Scroll down and Click on the water drop icon
- Water lock feature activates
It activates the Water lock feature and prevents accidental touch on the screen
How to Deactivate or Turn Off Water Lock Apple Watch
After completion of your activity under water like swimming or diving or simple water shower, just turn off the water lock feature to eject the water from the speakers. To do this just follow this simple steps.
Your watch’s screen will lock and the touch screen will become inoperable when you enable Waterlock. Although you won’t be able to utilize the touch screen, you can still operate your watch with the Digital Crown.
Make sure that you are deactivating water lock after reaching dry place where there is no water contact with your watch
- Press and hold or Spin the Digital Crown to unlock the watch after swimming to deactivate Waterlock
- If your watch is old WatchOs version, then you have to spin the digital crown
- After pressing crown, you will notice a circle appears on the screen showing water drop icon
- Continue to press or swipe the Crown until the circle fills
- You will find a beep sound and vibration from the watch to eject remained water from speakers
- By completing this process, watch lock will deactivated and emerges water from the Apple watch.
Water Lock Apple Watch Advantages
Let’s look into Apple Watch Waterlock feature advantages.
Water Damage Protection
Apple Watch Waterlock works to keep your watch from getting wet, increasing its durability and longevity.
Prevent Accidental Touches
Waterlock shields the watch screen from touches made while swimming, protecting you from unintentionally activating a setting or app.
Protect Your Health Data
When you turn on Water-lock, your watch will automatically lock your health data to prevent any inaccurate readings caused by water droplets or pressure.
How to Unlock the Screen after disabling iWatch Waterlock
- To activate Waterlock, swipe up on the watch face, tap the water drop icon, and then lock the screen by turning the Digital Crown.
- To unlock the screen after disabling Waterlock, turn the Digital Crown till you see the water drop animation.
- After swimming, make sure to give your Apple Watch a thorough rinse in fresh water to get rid of any chlorine or salt buildup.
- To avoid any water stains, you can alternatively dry your watch with a microfiber towel.
- This feature is crucial for people who love swimming or other water sports since it helps to preserve the watch from water damage and prevents unintentional screen touches.
What to do if Apple Watch Water lock not Deactivated
Some times there is an frequent issue that water lock mode didn’t turn off. But no need to worry, there are simple steps to fix this issue. Just follow these steps to turn off the Water lock feature on your Apple Watch.
Restart your Apple Watch
To do this, just press and hold the Digital Crown and side button at a time. Apple Watch will restart and get back to normal condition.
Charge your Apple Watch
After placing your Apple Watch in charge, Water Lock mode will be deactivated automatically. There is no need of doing it turn off.
Few closing remarks on how crucial Waterlock is useful for Apple Watch users
Use Waterlock if you have an Apple Watch and like to swim in order to prevent water damage to your watch and guarantee the accuracy of your health data. You may enjoy your water activities worry-free by according to the instructions for using Waterlock and caring for your watch after swimming.
- Can I still see the time when Waterlock is enabled?
Yes, you can still see the time and your watch face when Waterlock is enabled. The watch screen will be locked, but the clock will continue to run, and you can still use the Digital Crown to adjust the time.
- How to turn Digital crown to turn off the Water Lock mode on your Apple Watch ?
You can turn Digital crown in clockwise direction or anti-clock wise direction, to disable Water lock mode. Rotate it untill the circle fills up and until watch makes beep sound. It represents the completion of water ejection completely from the watch and speakers.
- How long can I swim with Waterlock enabled?
You can swim with Waterlock enabled for up to 30 minutes at a time. After 30 minutes, you'll need to turn the Digital Crown to unlock the screen and use your watch again.
- Does Waterlock work in all water conditions?
Waterlock is designed to work in most water conditions, including swimming pools, freshwater lakes, and the ocean. However, if you're planning to dive deep underwater, Waterlock may not work correctly due to the increased water pressure.
- are Water proof and water resistant same in Apple watch ?
Simple the answer is No. Apple watch can resist the water upto some extinct. Water proof means that water does not effect the watch any more and in any condition. But Apple watch have some restrictions of depth and time of water levels where you are using it.
- Can I use Waterlock when I'm not swimming?
Yes, you can use Waterlock whenever you want to protect your watch from accidental touches or water damage. For example, you might want to use Waterlock when washing your hands, doing dishes, or working in a wet environment.
- Will Waterlock prevent me from receiving notifications?
No, Waterlock will not prevent you from receiving notifications on your watch. You'll still receive notifications as usual, but you won't be able to interact with them until you turn off Waterlock.
- Is Waterlock available on all Apple Watch models?
Waterlock is available on all Apple Watch models, including the Series 1, Series 2, Series 3, Series 4, Series 5, Series 6, and SE.
- Can I still track my swim workouts with Waterlock enabled?
Yes, you can still track your swim workouts with Waterlock enabled. The watch will continue to track your heart rate, calories burned, and other metrics, even if the screen is locked. However, you won't be able to interact with the touch screen until you turn off Waterlock.
99Networks | Model Paper 2023 | Board Paper 2023 | Sample Paper 2023 | Ed Post | Question Paper 2023 | Board Model Paper 2023 | JnanabhumiAP | Scholarship- Fellowship | Model Paper 2023 | BoBiBanking | TNREGINET | iFHRMS | PSA Login | LIC Merchant | 25Penny | AKTU ERP | HRMS Odisha | PICME Login | KVB Net Banking | SSO Login | K2 Challan | SBI HRMS | Meesho Seller Login | IceGate Login | Indian Bank Net Banking | TMB Net Banking | TamilNilam | HRMS Login | BOI Net Banking | PFMS Login | FinAssam | SSO Rajasthan | KLR Login | MIS Full Form | KSFE Online Payment | HDFCNetBankingLogin | TNEB Login | PNB HRMS | NGO Full Form | eSalary Haryana | Kotak Customer Care Number | Pay Manager | eSampada | SSO ID | MCD Online | RESS | eKosh Online | e Sadhana | K2 Challan Generation | PSPCL HR | Indian Bank Login | Sevarth Mahakosh | TANGEDCO Login | NIOS Student Login | Paymanager Login | Internshala login | IFMIS Telangana | PNB Parivar | MPBSE MPOnline | ITBP Pay Slip | TNEB Reading Details | PPO Full Form | JK Pay Slip | PR Full Form | NSP Login | UAN Login | SBI ATM PIN Generation | Nadakacheri | EPF Balance Check Number Missed Call | TS e Challan | CISF Salary | UP Scholarship Login | SBI Complaint Status | DOP Full Form | EPDS Telangana | ePravesh MPOnline | Food Odisha Portal | Joint Declaration Form | Know Your UAN | Canara Bank Login | SBI Pension Seva Portal | UAN Card Download |